[Rhodes22-list] Water tanks .... was .... Re: Michigan

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Wed Aug 5 10:01:31 EDT 2009

Bob,

I bit the bullet and just replaced my Rubbermaid "water tank" with a real
polyethylene marine water tank.  It holds a little less, 13 gal vs. probably
16 gal, but doesn't leak at all.  The replacement was straightforward and
now I don't get any water in my bilge from overfilling the water tank.
Also, while I was in there I replaced the fill line as it was pretty slimy
inside.  It was a white plastic line originally.  I replaced it with clear
tubing, probably PVC, so I can eyeball it now and again to be sure it stays
clean.

Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann 1993/2008 R22