[Rhodes22-list] Now comes General Boats

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:08:45 EDT 2009

Stan,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thinking.  I think it makes
good sense as an owner and definitely see the rationale from your
point of view.  If I were to sell my boat I would want you and GB to
stand behind it, and I do agree that this is part of a strong value
proposition to a prospective buyer.

I have not been able to keep up with the list over the last few weeks
but did see a number of well-intended suggestions on how you can
better market your boat.  It seems to me your marketing approach is
brilliant - a great boat, a great web site that sucks you in, a great
community of advocates, a feature article each year, the occassional
boat show.  The last thing you probably need is to manage an inventory
of pens and logowear.

The area where I'm guessing the List member could help most is to
follow up on the suggestions of MJM and John to build and maintain a
"best of" wiki.

As for the royalties issue, I want to say for the record that when a
few of us instigated the "boom room project" a few years ago it was my
understanding we were helping you solve a design problem and the
project had your support.  I'm dismayed to hear that you may not have
been compensated for that and will take it personally to rectify that
on my end.

Best wishes for the next decade of GBI,

Dave