[Rhodes22-list] water in the laz

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Aug 5 19:04:09 EDT 2009

Joe,

On my boat the top hose connection has developed cracks at the base which
lets a small drip run down the pipe and to the casual eye the water appears
to come from the thru hull. This might not be the case for you but run your
hand along the pipe and see if its wet. My boat also has small holes in the
base of the cockpit bulkhead at both ends which allows the water to flow
under the cockpit from the laz to the cabin bilge where I remove it with a
hand pump. Over a 2 wk period I might pump a gallon or so out when I get to
the boat to go for the weekend. A minor annoyance which will be addressed at
a later date.
If it is the thru hull then you'll have to back off the nut and re caulk
around the fitting. You might be able to do this with the boat in the water
by inserting a plug under the hull(go swimming) and using epoxy putty which
will harden and adhere even to wet surfaces.

Good Luck
John S

John S.