[Rhodes22-list] prospective owner requests a favor

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Sat Aug 8 16:09:43 EDT 2009

Harry,

One other thought .... visiting Edenton has advantages beyond seeing the
factory.  When my Admiral and I were considering the Rhodes we visited
Edenton and took advantage of GBs rental boat to sail the R22 for three
days.  It was well worth the time and cost.  Odds are you can even talk Stan
into crediting you the rental towards your new boat.  The Abermarle Sound
has excellent cruising.  We left from Stan's home on a creek that connects
with, I believe, the Yeopim River, crossed the Abermarle to Columbia for the
first night and then sailed up the Abermarle to Edenton for the second
night.  We returned the boat to Stan the third day after sailing her back
from Edenton.

We had an advantage in that we used a private aircraft to fly into Edenton
and the airport is literally walking distance from GB's plant.  Nearest
commercial service is probably Richmond which should only be an hour or two
away.

In my case the three day rental and test sail sold me and, more importantly,
sold my Admiral on the Rhodes.  Not to mention it was a great mini-vacation.

-----
Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann 1993/2008 Rhodes 22