[Rhodes22-list] Battery location question ...

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Aug 12 16:10:39 EDT 2009

I have two batteries, gas tank, 135 lb. motor and electric lift on the port
side with no swell head on the starboard side.  I try to put as much weight
as possible forward and starboard to balance the boat, but I have to wonder
how much it affects performance.  I'm sure the weight forward helps but even
when I'm by myself my boney rail meat probably compensates for any
inbalance.  My perception is that I actually sail faster on a starboard tack
which probably means I sail too flat on a port tack, especially considering
that my prop isn't dragging in the water.

Nevertheless as Rummy says "it's all about balance" and I'd prefer to be
listless in my slip.  Better to be active in your trousers than listless in
your slip.  Sorry.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD