[Rhodes22-list] Another ethanol-related failure point

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Aug 14 18:57:47 EDT 2009

Dave,

>From what you just said, it could also be an ignition problem.  Fouled plugs
generally result in poor starting or rough operation at power and idle.
They usually don't get better and worse by themselves.  Look for an
electrical problem.

I, too, am on a mooring and usually put my R22 on the trailer if I want to
work on the engine - it's better than diving in after tools and parts in
12 - 20 feet of water.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY