[Rhodes22-list] cockpit table post holder

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Mon Aug 17 09:30:15 EDT 2009

About 2 yrs ago I posted a request for suggestions about removing my post holder, the bottom  of which had completely rotted.  Rummy suggested a using a piece of plywood and a lever under the flange to pry the holder up.  Because I don't believe in acting hastily, I just got around to refocusing on the problem and now have a post holder with the entire flange either disintegrated or broken off from my efforts.  I am still left with the tube firmly ensconced in the cockpit floor - either glued or wedged solidly into the cutout in the floor - and can't figure out how to get it out.  Does anyone have any suggestions - other than taking a sawzall to cut it out  (the dockmaster's suggestion)?  Thanks in advance.Bruce GreenwaldS/V Ruach II