[Rhodes22-list] Outboard Recommendations

Daniel Johnson djohnson0671 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:13:00 EDT 2009

Rummy,

Thanks for your input.

Everything I read about Tohatsu is very positive.  Is there any advantage to
going to an extra long shaft (25 versus 20)?  Tohatsu just introduced a 6 hp
they call a sail pro with a 25" shaft and a higher torque propeller.  I like
the weight and cost of a 6hp, but am not sure if this is enough HP for the
bay - also like the electric start option of the 8 hp, but must live with
the weight.  I'd really like to be able to haul it off the boat myself, so
lighter is onviously better.