[Rhodes22-list] Outboard Recommendations

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 15:47:31 EDT 2009

Here's where you have to decide what's important for your situation. I sail
 on an inland lake and there have been a couple of times I was really glad
I had  the extra horses of the 8hp. The Tohatsu 2 cycle starts with just
half of a  pull. It's so easy even my weak wife can start it. I found that to
be a major  concern since I've been known to drink to much on occasion and
found it  next to impossible to start the motor. Heck, I couldn't even see the
 motor.
                                                       Hull speed on the
R22 is around 6 Knotts. I can easily reach that with less than  2/3rds
throttle. If I was to buy a new motor today for the R22 I would strongly  consider
the 6hp long shaft with the high torque prop.
I have never heard from anyone on this or other lists that have  ever had
trouble with Tohatsu's. They have a bullet proof design.

Rummy

In a message dated 8/17/2009 12:13:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,