[Rhodes22-list] cockpit table post holder

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 17 20:57:25 EDT 2009

Todd,

Good suggestion and helpful.  Does anyone know for sure that the cockpit floor is cored, and with what material.  Many times in the past skippers from the northern reaches, who necessarily must cope with the potential of water freezing on the cockpit floor, have warned about cracking of the surfaces and resultant water intrusion into the core, and detioration as a result.  Stan is probably most aware if such a problem exists, but some of us may also know.  My only concern about drilling or sawing into the floor, Todd, relates to damage to the core.

Does anyone know about or have a picture of Stan's 'new' style receptacle?  As an alternative, most camper parts houses have a receptacle that sits atop the surface and does not require special fitting.  This may be a suitable, yet less intrusive solution.  Thoughts?

Art