[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Q: how many folks singlehand a R22 with 15+knot winds?

Miracleboat lsr3 at nyu.edu
Fri Aug 21 19:42:47 EDT 2009

Today was one of my few days off this month and I was hoping to do some
sailing.
Winds were forecast to pick up in the late afternoon  but the humidity
exploded into
severe T storms by 2pm in Bklyn.  Actually they were westbound and missed
Rockaway Inlet but
I turned Miracles around at Noon when I saw whitecaps and a building
southerly breeze, possible higher seas to Hurricane Bill approaching the off
shore area tomorrow.

So how many of you Rhodes owners either on lakes or bays sail  your boat
when winds are
near or above 15knots?
 just curious..
Lou

Ive finally attached a shot of my modification to my "headlights" the front
portlights on my boat were
installed by a prev owner and new and didnt leak but collected water and I
decided to cover them with acrylic covers hinged with white oak and
varnished with Epiphanes.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25088995/Headlt%2BcoversCU2.jpg