[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Q: how many folks singlehand a R22 with15+knot winds?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Aug 22 10:56:39 EDT 2009

Thanks for chiming in Stan. I'm not sure our system is "current" but
that has been our experience. We have always been able to furl the
main easily in a strong breeze (over 15 knots) as long as the sail is
to starboard of the slot. Making sure that the outer end of the boom
is horizontal or slightly below also helps prevent bulky creases as
the sail furls. Our main has a bit of a belly so there is always a
crease somewhere.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD