[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Q: how many folks singlehand a R22 with15+knot winds?

Ron Singerman sail at tds.net
Sat Aug 22 15:07:18 EDT 2009

As long as we are talking about the main sail furler I would like to ask a
question. Despite the fact that I hold onto the pull out furling line to
create tension when I am furling the main I still have part of the sail
exposed at the base of the mast boom junction.  The upper part of the
sacrificial part of the mainsail is within the mast , but the lower part
does not go all the way in (wow!! talk about a confusing description). I
have the newer sail with the vertical batten.  All ideas appreciated.

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity