[Rhodes22-list] Main Sail Removal

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Mon Aug 24 13:44:56 EDT 2009

I recently posted a question about how to remove the genoa and now understand
this is a pretty simple task given the current General Boats roller furling
set up.  As a new R22 owner with my boat in a slip with the mast up since
delivery I am now trying to figure out if the main can be removed without
taking the mast down?  I assume the main has a halyard internal to the the
mast and that with the mast down it should be easy to remove but I don't see
any access to the halyard with the mast up.  My Rhodes is a new GB 2009.