[Rhodes22-list] Outboard repair question

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:16:31 EDT 2009

Cool it, Rummy.  This is a constant fuel velocity design that is running
full out.  A simple idle control adjustment should be tried before major
surgery.  If there is a diaphragm problem, the carburetor diaphragm (if
there is one) is a more likely culprit with gunk holding it down to let in
too much air. A detergent additive or a tank of high detergent gas could
solve it.

With these engines, the quality/stability of the engine oil is more
significant than the quality of the gas.  I stick with OMC's products just
to be safe.

Rick