[Rhodes22-list] Wiring Q. with the electric O/B lift

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 11:53:10 EDT 2009

Ben and all,
If your outboard motor has a charging coil, running the engine without the
electricity going to the battery bank will absolutely fry your charging
coil.  Whenever you have the motor running, you must have the battery switch
turned on  so that it is charging something.
I'm sure that if you check the cable going from the battery to the motor
lift, there is an inline fuse somewhere. If not, you need to install one.

Rummy

In a message dated 8/27/2009 5:41:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,