[Rhodes22-list] Deck Maintenance

Ron Singerman sail at tds.net
Sun Aug 30 20:19:43 EDT 2009

Dan,

I have reddone the deck and coaming on Serenity with great results. I saw a
posting on sailboatowners.com from Maine sail and followed his instrtuctions
and ended up with like new results.  The most important thing was for me to
get rid of my old polisher and make the investment in a new one.

Makita 9227C buffer
1  3M Marine rubbing compound(use a wool 3M super-buff COMPOUND grade pad).
2. 3M Finesse it ( Use a foam # 05725 pad or  yellow wool hook it pad
#05713.
3. Collinite#885 Fleet Wax and remove with microfiber cloths after hazing
with HOH. (2 coats)

I hope this helps.

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity