[Rhodes22-list] Something old and something new : 71 Rhodes and 08 Rhodes at Kinzua

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Aug 31 12:24:45 EDT 2009

Stan,

 The trailer came with the boat. This spring I contacted you about a used
replacement and offered my old trailer to you not as a trade in but for you
to have and recondition for someone else. Or if you would have prefered I
would have paid you to up grade my trailer as necessary to meet Pa laws
regarding brakes lights etc... Your reply indicated to me you weren't the
least interested so I spent approximately $2,250.00 to do it myself.
Counting the trailer a main sail, a haul out and complete refinishing of the
hull you have lost so far about $5,125.00 in potential sales to me as a
result of your position regarding outside sales of old Rhodes. A true pity
because I had no bone to pick with you and had no idea of the buzzsaw I was
walking into when I had 5 days to do the homework on what I was bidding on.
By the way I did read the GB website but honestly the deciding factor was
the information contained on the blew skies website. The testimonials
contained and the depth of advice there convinced me I was buying best of
breed. If I were to give anyone 5% of my purchase price to anyone it would
be to Rodger Philaja and Lou the miracle worker for their priceless advise
on centerboard repair and restoration.

Sincerly yours

John Shulick

PS I do owe you apology as I checked my records and found I was only charged
$500.00 by you for a used rudder assembly and not $750.00