[Rhodes22-list] Is it possible to make the R-22 into a cutter?

jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 31 21:35:23 EDT 2009

David, The afffect of your sheets and car placement can have a great to
do with your sail foil and performance. The sail cut with relationship
of leech/luff/foot are also influenced by the sail condition. If your
sail is "blown out"/baggy trimming can be near impossible. Try some
simple experimenting. The rule of thumb on a run with wind behind you
move your cars forward. On a beam reach +/- move your cars midship, and
on a close reach move the cars aft. You also have the affect of your
main sail balance with you head sail. Do not forget the center board
adjustments. A short time ago a list member was talking about the
affect of the hull load distribution. Don't blame just one element on
the sailing equation. Front wheel drive car vs rear wheel drive. Pull a
chain or push a chain. Good Luck & have fun. Jim J