[Rhodes22-list] Word to PDF

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Dec 2 09:17:10 EST 2009

Rob,

CutePDF is a great way to generate pdf files from any application by simply
"printing" to the pdf printer.  You are correct to send out pdfs in lieu of
doc (or docx) files as they are a bit more difficult to alter, although a
pdf editor or AdobeAcrobat (not reader) can change the contents.  If you
wish to lock the documents, use Adobe security set to permit printing but
not editing.  I also am an advocate of using digital signatures to prove
that the document is unaltered and sent by me.

Of course, this all apples to Rummy's fan diagram since we never know who
might maliciously change those part numbers ;~)

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Lowe, Rob" Wednesday, December 02, 2009 8:59 AM