[Rhodes22-list] Call for Advice

Frank Tugwell ftugwell at cox.net
Thu Dec 3 17:42:56 EST 2009

Many thanks for the quick response, Chris. I did not get the shopping list,
and I think it is blocked by the email program.  Perhaps you could send it
directly to my email: ftugwell at cox.net.

Appreciate the detailed response, and I will look at the archives--although
I am not quite sure how to navigate them. I will also look at your
list--Christmas is coming, after all!

One question related to what you mentioned: Can you see the Garmin
chartplotter well enough from the cockpit to use it effectively?  I ask this
because I have been thinking of getting a Garmin 400C handheld instead of
one with a fixed mount.

I have never heard of a remote mike--can you actually hear the radio from
the stern area of the cockpit?  Stan says he is "out of the engine business"
(he will be reading this) and would like the owners to decide on the
engines, but he will install what I choose.  My main concern is ease of
using the throttle and gear shift.  I confess that for all my years of
sailing, I have never used an outboard. I like to have as muc

I like the in-hull depth sounder, and the lazarette sounds like the right
place to put it.  Stan says he uses the centerboard as his depth sounder.  I
would like some advance warning, even if it is at the stern of the boat.

Frank Tugwell

703-658-9162
6406 Waterway Drive
Falls Church, VA 22044