[Rhodes22-list] Hello, from new member

Stephen Staum staum at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 6 12:40:32 EST 2009

Derek,
I agree w Rummy on all but the mast commentary. After several years of
manual raising, which can be done by 2 stout men, I had trouble
finding a mast raising crew when my son left for college 2 years ago.
While 2 can physically raise the mast, there is a moment of
uncertainty as you step up onto the cabin top from the foredeck when
you have minimal control from side to side movement and possible
disaster if it starts to go over sideways.
2 years ago I bought the mast system from Stan and I can now raise the
mast safely by myself. I think it is a mandatory purchase for anyone
who intends to trailer their Rhodes or store it annually with the mast
down.
Good sailing,

Stephen Staum, '87 R22, Carol Lee

Sent from my iPhone