[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes List- Robertson's Rules Of Order

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 21:19:43 EST 2009

Let me be clear about a few things. I did not and do not propose that we
change the charter. If you look closely what I was doing was giving Al, or
anyone else who gets annoyed by non-sailing posts, an open invitation to
make a compelling argument as to how the current charter can possibly be
read to prohibit, or even  discourage, non-sailing posts. If such an
argument were forthcoming we could always have an informal agreement to
discourage such activity. As I suspected it would, the vote so far is
5,000,493 to 1 against Al's position. He hasn't bothered to give any reasons
for his position. Maybe he will later.

At this point, although it is always possible that the ghost of Joseph P.
Kennedy will pay off the downstate precinct captains in the waning hours, I
believe it is safe to project the Open Forum supporters as the landslide
winners of this non-binding straw poll.

Thus I appeal to our brother Bigal to accept the will of the people (and the
incontrovertible evidence of the charter itself ) and 'kwitcherbichin' every
time somebody gets into a conversation that is not about sailing.

Feel free to post on this subject on this thread until it dies it's own
death. The voting is never really over here is it? And anyone can vote with
their feet (or delete key) any time.

Happy Holidays

BenCittadino

PS-Who WAS the marriage? Brad & Angelina? Tom & Katie? Barry and Michelle?