[Rhodes22-list] Kindle versus Sony Touch Reader, Experience?

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 18 20:28:22 EST 2009

Rik,

Do you ever use it.  I picked up the Sony Touch, but have heard so many positive reports on the Kindle, I'll take the Sony back.  You can draw & write on the touch screen, but don't think I would use that feature after all.  I am going to read mostly historical non-fiction, Guns of August next, the personality makings of WWI, and either ebook is priced at 6.59, in different proprietary formats, preventing crossover unless you can somehow convert to a common pdf or doc.  Anyone tried that routine?  I think the ebook concept is perfect in the sailing/cruising setting.  I will gladly share my insights on this after I get some, probably off-list.

Art
Kindle Mary Jane