[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Pump Question

Fred Kaiser fkaiser2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:03:03 EST 2009

Caesar, Fretless does not have an automatic bilge pump.  We keep a sponge
handy to mop up any small amount of water that may find its way into the
bilge.  We also have a manual pump we could use if needed. But the only use
we have had for the manual pump is to empty the fresh water tank at the end
of the sailing season. In addition to Rob's problem, an automatic pump
running off the battery can quickly discharge the battery and if there is a
major leak and no one is around the pump becomes useless.  Better to check
thru hulls and follow Lee's suggestion to check out the boat often if left
in the water.

Fred Kaiser
91 Fretless
Rock Hall MD