[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift Repair - what material?

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Sat Dec 26 11:34:27 EST 2009

Rhodies:
Back in '82 after we had seen a Rhodes demo at the Annapolis Boat Show and conversed with Stan, we decided that a sleep aboard boat with high sleeping head room with motor and trailer would be a wise alternate to the $15G's it would take as a down payment on a Summer camp in the NY Adirondacks. We've never regretted it. Cost about the same then with 9.9 electric start Johnson.
Although now that we are elderly and have a sail - oriented marina do our work, we don't have to cut grass, paint, do plumbing, pay big taxes etc. on a summer camp and a Rhodes is a much more sensible and cost efficient substitute; wife is still an enthusiastic sailor and boat handler (but won't let it heal over 5o on a broad reach), so this is a major factor why we're starting our 27th Rhodes season this coming 5/15!! We wish you the same longevity with you and yours (Rhodes 22).

THOR IV at Lake George NY