[Rhodes22-list] Early Spring Chesapeake cruising?

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Mon Feb 2 15:42:41 EST 2009

Actually, something like that is an option.  It's about a 12 h drive for us
to get to the Rhodes factory from home.  Driving down there and launching
from the factory ramp or the Edenton town ramp (I thought I saw one the last
time we were there) is an option.  With an early start we could do it in a
longish day and have Muireann anchored near Edenton or tied up at their nice
little harbor before dark.

If we were to rent a boat, we'd probably go all the way to the Gulf to do
it.  It's only about a 6 h flight in the Mooney to Punta Gorda with a stop
near Columbia, SC.  I can make in just over 5 h w/o the stop, but the
Admiral wouldn't go for that.

Mike Cheung, s/v Muireann