[Rhodes22-list] Hull Dimension for Letters

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Feb 6 11:06:44 EST 2009

In general, I like the further aft option but in both cases I think
the top of your "O" might get lost in the curve of the flared hull.
If that's so you'll want it a little lower and perhaps parallel to
the waterline. The good news is that you can order the lettering and
decide where it will go once you have the boat and the lettering. If
you take a look at this picture of Fretless under sail
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200602/21/fretlesssailing.jpg
the lettering looks like it is parallel to the rubrail but it is
actually parallel to the waterline.

The one thing I would have changed about our lettering (not from Rik)
is that I would have spaced out the letters more.

Mary Lou