[Rhodes22-list] Puget Sound Fleet Sail

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 15:20:19 EST 2009

Hi Rhodes 22 Sailors & Friends,

Cruise Date: I have heard from Chris Geankoplis, and he is interested in doing the sail with us, however, June 21 to 28th would not work for him.  He has suggested June 14 to 21st instead.  This new date would work for me.  Please indicate if it could work for you as well.

With the dates locked in, we can then study the tides charts and take advantage of favorable tides for our destinations.

Jay, it was good to chat with you briefly earlier this week, and thanks for your willingness to assist us in this adventure.  Being a resident sailor on one of the Islands we might be sailing around qualifies you to to be a great help to us.

Overnighting: I'm considering renting a vacation home on Orcas Island for one week, which I plan to use as a base for another cruise, from which to sail to different destinations with my family.  Would something similar work for us, or would we want to overnight at various sheltered coves?

I was directed to this site for vacation rentals on Orcas Island: www.orcashomes.com/vacationrentals_homes
Cherie L.Lindholm Real Estate

Parking and Launch Point: We need to decide on a meeting and launch point, and Anacortes has unlimited parking for trailer and vehicle.  Departing from this point give us more sailing days to explore the major or minor islands in the area.  Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Radar Reflector:  We were reminded that it might be prudent to install Radar Reflectors on our boats.  I found some on a marine store web site for about $80.00 a pair; not that costly to become more visible to the big ferries.  We have the option also to just stay out of the lanes, which is easily accomplished with our shallow draft.

Difficulty Scale: Can anyone tell us where us how this proposed sale rates on a Novice to Expert scale?  My thinking is that if we have a good weather window, a novice would be able to handle it, but I too am a novice, so Chris, Jay, how do you respond?

Number of Legs:  We can begin to talk about the various Islands we would like to visit, in the time that we have, perhaps deciding on what we might consider the most important leg.  My guess is that some of us might be available for parts of the week, while others might be available for the entire week.  My buddy and I are planning to arrive on Sunday evening, and begin our cruise on Monday.  How is it shaping up for you guys?

An Invitation:  Please indicate if you have an interest, so that you can be included in all our correspondence.

Thanks for the interest, and lets do this.

Caesar
Gentle Breeze
1984 Recycled 2008