[Rhodes22-list] Stereo or no stereo

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Tue Feb 10 20:32:37 EST 2009

I am trying to decide if I should have stan install a stereo and speakers in
my new R22.  I don't listen to am/fm much but do enjoy having xm radio in my
car and in my office for occasional use.  I have a portable xm radio unit
that plugs into a boom box that can run on batteries or be plugged in.  The
simpler, but boxier, sollution would be to skip a stereo system and just
bring the boon box.  A more elegant but complicated solution would be to
install an am/fm sterero xm ready with flush mounted speaker in the cockpit
and a couple of speakers in the cabin.  I suspect stan could do a neater
installation while the boat is in fabrication or is installation afterwards
pretty easy?  My inclination is not to have holes cut into a new boat for
speakers and to simply bring the boon box.  I am curious What others think
about whether or not to have a stereo.