[Rhodes22-list] Stereo or no Stereo

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.com
Wed Feb 11 13:04:26 EST 2009

I would definitely have Stan do an installation during manufacture.  Take it
from me as someone who had to go back after the fact with a jigsaw and cut
holes for the speakers.  It is not as easy to do and you get one shot
basically to get it right.  Not to mention taking some things apart to get
the wires installed properly.  The best place I think for speakers is in the
lazarette facing the cockpit.  This way you can get by without cabin
speakers if you are not interested in that expense.

I have a marine Sony AM/FM CD player and it has been so nice to have music
while sailing and most of the boats on my lake have built in stereo.  Being
powered by the house batteries and charged by solar panels means no more
worries about changing batteries and I ruined one boom box on another boat
when it got wet which is always an option on a sailboat.  I am almost
positive that Sony makes a satellite-ready version and I think I could even
plug an XM receiver into mine depending on the audio interface.   I think
that would be the best of everything... having the vast satellite music
selections available on the boat.  Not that you will ever sell the boat :-)
but it's good for resale too!

David