[Rhodes22-list] Hiking Stick Lock

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Feb 18 16:58:33 EST 2009

While we are talking about hiking sticks, I have an original Forespar stick
(gold anodized aluminum w/hard rubber ball, no foam, similar to
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/2437?&cid=chanintel&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=2437 )
that is not able to adjust any more.  The aluminum sections are frozen
together.  I have soaked them in fresh water, water with Palmolive soap and
tried some penetrating lubes to no avail.  Has anyone had any experience
freeing up these sticks?

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY