[Rhodes22-list] Porta Potty

Blanche DeFord bdford5 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 19:52:33 EST 2009

Help me out here, girls -

A gentleman (really) friend has offered me a chance
to go on a week's trip with him.  To avoid questions -
my SO has no heartburn with this, and I forsee no
problems either.  It's an ideal opportunity to learn
about sailing.  On to the real issue.

What's good, bad, and ugly about porta potties?  I
don't want to embarrass myself or the gentleman with
ignorant mistakes, and I need to know how to use and
take care of the potty - to do my share of the dirty work.

Issues:
    Cleanliness - Mine and the potty's?
    Odor - How much and what kind?
    Safety - Splash?  Spills?
    Maintenance - What do I need to know?

In general, how easy is it for a woman to maintain
herself over a week while using this sort of facility?
I can handle rough camping - cat holes, etc. - but
this is a new on on me.  Seems somewhat the
same though.

Advice?

Sincerely,
Blanche DeFord