[Rhodes22-list] Captain of the Metaphor - Happy New Year

Metaphor mwager at bluecrab.org
Fri Jan 2 15:41:56 EST 2009

"Mike,  Do you plan to race your R22?
Wally"

Wally -- No. I just want to sail it aimlessly for a while, maybe spend a
week or more just wandering around the Chesapeake this summer by myself.
Just out of curiosity, do you know what its PHRF rating might be?

-------
"Hmmm, mwager...  I used to have a neighbor from the Chicago area
named Brian Wager.  He moved to GA and worked with me at Coke.  Might
be in Florida now, not sure, we lost touch.  Any relation?
Cheers!
John Lock"

John--No relation that I know of.  My family is from western PA and I grew
up in Upstate NY.  How did he pronounce his last name?  (WaGer or Wajer?)
------
"We do hope you are able to find time for Metaphor in and amongst all
those racing commitments. Will getting the Pearson ready take time as
well as money?

We love the Choptank and Little Choptank though we generally get down
that far only once a year. We've been to Dun's Cove but never as far
as Harris. It's nearly a full day for us to Knapp's. The Little
Choptank is a favorite as are LaTrappe and the Tred Avon. The Miles
is a little closer and we tend do that once a year as well. It's
often been just a trip to St. Michael's and back but I really like
the Wye and would like explore some of the other places off ther
Miles as well. Last year we (some of the Chesapeake Rhodies) talked
about a possible Rhodes Rhendezvous in Tilghman Creek off the Miles
but planning kind of petered out. We didn't do nearly as much sailing
as we would have liked last year - hoping that this coming season
will be better.
Mary Lou"

Mary Lou--A crew mate bought the boat at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
auction this fall for a steal.  It needs some work, but not much, new sails
and lines, bottom paint and elbow grease, and will kept at Tilghman Creek,
where the other boats I sail (sailed) are kept.  You have the opposite
problem from mine-- Harris Creek feeds out to the Choptank, so I can head
south easily, but to get to Kent Narrows is much more more time consuming.
(If you were at Dun's Cove, you were maybe 3/4 mile from my home.)

Racing is what spurred my recent re-interest in this forum. Honestly I'm
getting a bit tired of the repetitiveness of the racing courses.  The people
I sail with are great friends, but the Miles River has become a bit
constricted for the last couple of years. I want to wander a bit.