[Rhodes22-list] Boat Equipment

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sat Jan 3 17:11:40 EST 2009

Jerry,

I have the Plastimo Contest 101 and I can't imagine anyone thinking that it
is too small.  It's easy to read both day and night from anywhere in the
cockpit and I'm legally blind.

However, when it comes to compasses, size does matter, and I would go with
the 130.  I couldn't find the exact dimensions but from several pictures on
different boats, it doesn't look like the exterior frame is much bigger than
the 101 and certainly not too large for the Rhodes' bulkhead.  If you're
going to spend too much money on something, spend it on the compass.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD