[Rhodes22-list] Thena - Trinidad boat bottom paint

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 09:32:51 EST 2009

Lee,

Stan put Trinidad (hard) on my boat when recycling it...he didn't know that it would be out of the water for a period of time while the engine & rudder controls were to be rigged...when I launched several months later I had a bumper crop of barnacles within a few weeks, necessitating another haulout & power wash...the yard mistakenly put another two coats of Trinidad on it...foprgetting that I wanted ablative (forget which it is)....

The upshot is that either will work...the water where I am is a bit saltier than where you are.....don't listen to the powerboater: in my experience, (four boats since early 90's) the ablative works fine. It's really your choice as to which you want....racers here at the marina prefer the hard paint; if they don't keep their boats out of the water then they will do a quick haul & power wash right before a race....

elle

1992 Rhodes 22 Recyc '06 "WaterMusic" (Lady in Red)