[Rhodes22-list] Hammock

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Jan 12 17:07:33 EST 2009

Mike & Art,

1.  Perfect hammock conditions.  Instead of being beaten about the boat or
falling in the water, you could comfortably swing back and forth with the
waves.  Isn't that the purpose of hammocks on boats?

2.  With my hammock, it looks like my head and feet might stay dry in a
knockdown but my fanny would get wet.  I would need to tie the hammock
tighter or lose a little weight in that area.

3.  Thereinto lies the problem.  Straight rum from the bottle might be safer
than an open beer.

I know you were joking about singlehanded-lazy-hammock sailing, but it got
me to thinking.  The biggest problem would be rail meat balance.  As the
boat would start to heel, your meat would swing where you wouldn't want it.

Lee