[Rhodes22-list] Andrew Comas Whisker Poles

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jan 16 11:40:39 EST 2009

Andrew,

I have both skinny and heavy wisker poles.  I bought the heavy forespar one
on the recommendation of a former member of the forum.  He was big on safety
and over engineering.  Many suggest the lighter one sufficient.  I know the
heavy on works well, but needs a toping lift to support its weight.  On the
IMF boats you have an unused block on top which will work.

I use that block on top for a halyard for a spinnaker and have a toping lift
block 3/4ths the way up to provide toping lift to support the forespare pole
for which ever use I put it to.  I use the forespare pole for either a
spinnaker pole or to pole the Genoa out.

I have a track on the front of the mast with a moveable/removeable spinnaker
eye car.  With the IMF mast it helps to take car off when mast is down and
furling tube rests against mast for transport or storage.

The track was installed as directed by one Roger about 7 or 8 years ago.  It
is a standard 1" track just like track for Genoa/Jib cars four foot long.

Ed K