[Rhodes22-list] short inhaul line?

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jan 20 06:45:00 EST 2009

Jb,

As for the Genoa, the softer black line definitely shrinks.  No doubt about
it.  If it has shrunk to the point that you can't unfurl the Genoa all the
way, then you'll need to buy a new line.  Stan recently installed a new CDI
furler for a fellow Rhodie friend of mine.  The furling line was extremely
long and made of a harder material.  It probably won't shrink but may not be
as easy on the hands.  I would buy the soft line and make it long enough so
it can shrink some.  The line is as easy to replace as string on a yo-yo.

As for the mainsail, I don't know how difficult it would be to replace the
furling line.  You could use the existing line to help thread the new line
through the forward part of the boom, but wrapping the line around the
furler might be more than a notion.  If I only needed about 8" more, I would
disconnect the clamp that holds the hand loop together and tie more line to
it.  Even if you need more line than that, a small knot would probably go in
and out of the hole in the boom.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD