[Rhodes22-list] motor lift

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Jan 29 11:34:08 EST 2009

Rob,

There's supposed to be a very big spring at the bottom of those old motor
mounts.  Check to see if it is still "loaded".  Sometimes the spring
disengages.  My '81 still springs my DT7.5 Suzuki about half way up when I
release the hold down on the mount.  Then again, my old 2-stroke is not very
heavy like some of the more "modern" 4-strokes and I have a pull start.  If
it ain't broke, I don't replace it.

For those who need a newer design, Lou Rosenberg's R22, Miracles, had a very
powerful mount from WM made by Garelick, I think.  Check out:
http://tinyurl.com/cfyweq (West Marine)

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY