[Rhodes22-list] raising the mast

Richard MacArthur Richard at MacArthurLawFirm.com
Wed Jul 1 12:32:31 EDT 2009

Just bought a Rhodes 22 and we're ready to put the mast up. Frankly I'm
nervous about it, being 75 years old I'm not sure I've got the strength
and my co owner is younger and weighs  about 150 pounds. I'll get my
son, 45 and 200 ponds, to help. Is there any benefit in tying a line to
the mast below the spreaders and pulling aft from the ground behind the
boat? This wouldn't help when the mast is horizontal but it may when
it's up a few degrees.