[Rhodes22-list] Mast step

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Thu Jul 9 08:56:42 EDT 2009

Jim,
I'm pretty sure I used 3M 4200
http://www.3m.com/product/information/Marine-Fast-Cure-4200-Adhesive-Sea
lant.html

which allows disassembly (i.e. mast step pops off when mast gets away
from you)

If you use the 3m 5200
http://www.3m.com/product/information/Marine-Fast-Cure-5200-Adhesive-Sea
lant.html

you'll lose part of the gelcoat, if not more.

Pretty sure that's correct, let me see what I have on my boat. - Rob