[Rhodes22-list] XM/GPS?

watermusic38 at yahoo.com watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 12:06:56 EDT 2009

 An interesting event happened to a friend of mine; I wondered if anyone here knew how this could happen:

She had bought an XM radio (not a very high-end one) and was doing the installation process in her car as instructed.

She (for some reason I do not know) moved the radio during the setup to another vehicle not far away ( maybe 20 ' or so).

Within minutes, XM CALLED HER to inquire as to why she had moved the radio TO ANOTHER VEHICLE.

THe radio must communicate with satellite, as you have to give them the unique identifier code for your radio; but what is baffling is that they knew that it was in another vehicle.

A conundrum for a slow afternoon at the docks..

;^)

elle