[Rhodes22-list] be careful out there

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Jul 13 19:24:22 EDT 2009

Ben,

Out in the LI Sound, many boaters, even sailors, raft up during the weekend.
We picked up people in the water about five years ago when a fast moving
squall hit a raft party (heavy drinkers) who were unable to separate fast
enough.  Substantial damage resulted and several craft capsized.  It
wouldn't surprise me if this is what might have happened.

Of course, they might have just been racing a bit faster than their reflexes

Keep us up to date if you hear more.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY