[Rhodes22-list] Walk-through stern rail Re: I just got my new old Rhodes

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Jul 14 17:24:13 EDT 2009

Yes, I am aware of where some of the repairs are located and it hasn't
been a problem so far.  The ladder I am using is a standard boarding
ladder with 6" standoffs.  This seems to offset the hull curvature
nicely and the ladder stays vertical as you climb out.  The boat does
heel over a little when you put your weight on the ladder.  But it's
not a lot and if you had anybody already on board they can sit
opposite to counterbalance.

The only hard part is the same as you mentioned about coming over the
stern.  It helps to have a handhold above your head to hoist yourself
the last bit over the side.  I can grab the handrail to do that, but
I'm reasonably agile.  I like your idea of a suspended "trapeze" to
grab.  That would make the whole trip even easier.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA