[Rhodes22-list] Two Pictures from the NW Fleet Sail

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 20:31:26 EDT 2009

Rick,

I think you are right; there is value in that picture for Stan, and the owner of the picture.

Your remark reminds me of another story.  Earlier this summer I trailered to Fern Ridge Lake in Eugene, OR.; a 9 hour drive from home, with stops.  Early next morning a fellow sailor came by and started chatting and asking questions about the boat while I was readying the boat for rigging and launching.  At some point in the process he said goodbye and left.

The next morning the good fellow came up to me and asked how I hoisted the mask, for from a distance he saw me raising it alone from the bow by turning some handle. (smile) It was then I got the complete picture, which still causes me to laugh when I think about it.  Apparently the guy made a hasty departure the day before because he either did not want to help me lift the IMF mast, or was curious to see how I would manage it alone.   Being impressed and or somewhat puzzled by the process, he sought me out at the marina the next morning to ask how I did it.

I"m still smiling about that experience.

Caesar
Gentle Breeze