[Rhodes22-list] the war of the rhodeses

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Thu Jul 16 13:25:16 EDT 2009

I don't know how far down the road it will be, but there's a boom room in my
future, and there's no chance that I buy it from anyone other than GB
(provided they're still around, of course).

When we wanted to buy a boat, GB provided the lender additional paperwork
that got us a lower interest rate.

When the boat was delivered, Elton stayed for three days making corrections,
because he didn't like a couple of minor things that were non-standard in
the cabin layout.

When Hurricane Katrina rose the waterline to well beyond the top of the boat
+ lines, twisted the mast into a pretzel, ripped off the hatches, and put
her back down sideways (and of course, unsinking) into the water, GB went
through every product on the market that would attempt to remove barnicles.
They restored her to new, and they worked with me to figure out a way to do
it with what my insurance would cover.

After that, GB shipped me a new rudder.  Never made it past Raleigh, and UPS
could never explain why.  So Stan ate the cost of the rudder and gave me
another one.

This group of us is fortunate to have a vendor who has given us his home
phone number, provided free lodging at his facility, and done everything you
could possibly ask.  We will never get the level of service from any company
again that we enjoy from GB right now.  I, for one, won't spend any time
shopping around in order to save a few bucks on parts or toys to add to my
boat.

Ben
R22 Velvet Elvis