[Rhodes22-list] Minimum Door height?

Basso jbroadri at amfam.com
Fri Jul 17 11:18:40 EDT 2009

I am soon to purchase a new to me rhodes from Stan, and I'm trying to find a
place to store it indoors for its winter nap.  I could go with outside
storage, but with the snow etc, I prefer indoors.  We are also looking at
storage units since it would be nice to store the motorcycle, lawn-mower and
patio furniture.  Our problem is that most of the door heights around me
seem to be in the 9 foot range unless you are looking at huge units that
also cost a fortune.  Does anyone know the height of the boat on the trailer
with the mast on the stern rail?

I was able to find that the height with the mast in the crutch is 12 feet,
but I cannot find anything that tells me the height if I take the mast down
to the stern rail.  I saw one post saying that a 10 foot door was
sufficient, but I'm curious if a 9 foot door would work.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

John B
Madison, WI