[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Sense

michael meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Fri Jul 17 13:54:53 EDT 2009

The boat is kept in compo marina, Westport ct. Some Intelligence you will
need to gain access: I will advise access is controlled for the
area(generally a 3 man gate security), subject you pay the fee,  because
beach camp is there and a large group on youngsters, Westport stations a
dedicated armed portal during daylight. At night the Armed portal remains to
deter the teenager from the complex. The docks themselves are manned by the
Westport marina police force(nice job when you get it), generally a 2
staffed unit 16x7 over the summer with weekend expanding to a 4 man unit.
They have the cute Bermuda shorts look with the guns also... at night the
retied cops get the marina watch. Because boats are governed by the merchant
marine rules from the 1700's, like the laws of salvage and the right to
armed defense(what ever happened to "Letters of Marque"), please be
careful...

The same way any one reading this the above the fact are correct, it still
complete bushshit. Same for your lock example(ny'ers can cut any bike bike
lock) to GE was down to 6$ dollars because of GE capital and if the
government had to step in like AIG the stockholders would have been wiped
out, nothing to do with company or your example. So more inductions that you
truly do not understand what you are talking about

Any in this case, it was a boat show and I would have extended stan any
curtsey he needed (as in take the boat, use it as needed, fix anything that
the nebbies break), stan been sailing off of dock for years(like 60) and an
18 inch draft in a mooring field being tricky is also bullshit, and that is
said with 25 year of my own expiree and the captains ticket to back that up.

I can only assume here that you must be the "I am always right type", more
than a little anail, maybe compulsive, view any criticism as a attack that
must be repelled, it seems the ability for self reflection is low, learning
has stopped.

Bottom line everything your did here was not right, you do not understand
why and so you assume you are right. Sad..............

-mjm