[Rhodes22-list] Thru Hull Depth Sounders

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Fri Jul 24 08:57:15 EDT 2009

My impression is that most of the newer depth sounders will support
shooting "thru-hull".  The trick is to test it first by immersing the
transducer in a plastic bag full of water and placing that in the
desired location.  Make sure ALL air bubbles are removed from
underneath the test bag.  If you get a good signal from that test, you
should be OK to epoxy the transducer in that location.  Again, be sure
their are NO air bubbles in your epoxy mix when you glue the thing down.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA